Monday, March 25, 2013

1000 Gifts Challenge

At church this Sunday LeAnn, our pastor's wife, talked about a book she read by Ann Voskamp entitled One Thousand Gifts and the challenge that lies within the page of the book. LeAnn challenged each of us to look for the small and large gifts God has placed in our lives.   We need to take the time to see the little things in our lives and not try rushing through "to get more done".  Check out this video by Ann Voskamp.


I have decided to take this challenge to look at my own life to see all the blessings God has given to me in the good and "bad" times. I picked up a copy of Ann's book today to read as I begin my journey.  I think each of us could gain a lot of joy and contentment if we were always looking for the gift of every situation in our lives. Would you like to join me in this? You can follow some of the gifts via my twitter account @MrJoshuaBrown and follow others using the hashtag #1000gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment