The 11th week of FPU was on careers and extra jobs. Some main points included;
- Money is ultimately not enough compensation for doing a job, you need to have a deeper purpose to find real value.
- You should find something that blends your skills, abilities, personality traits, values, dreams and passions together.
- Raising your income long-term is a career track issue and raising it short-term may mean you need the dreaded part-time job.
- Do not allow your work to be the source of all of your satisfaction and self-worth.
The 12th week was about real estate and mortgages. Here are a few of the main points of is section;
- Baby step 6 is to pay off your home early!
- When selling your home think like a retailer!
- If you have to get a mortgage get a payment no more than 25% of your take home pay on a 15-year fixed-rate loan with at least 20% down and have a fully funded emergency fund left over after closing.
Next week we are having a graduation party and will be having our final lesson of Financial Peace University.William and I should also be finishing his Financial Peace Junior program this week too!