Once you evaluate your current reality, make a SMART goal on what changes you would like to see happen.
Here is a list of ideas that you may want to do with your family this summer:
- Schedule some one-on-one dad (or mom) time with each of your children.
- Have your entire family gather for dinner most days of the week.
- Hold a monthly home video night.
- Hold a monthly family board game night.
- Include kids in family chores and work side-by-side each other in conversation.
- If you watch TV, mute the TV during commercials to talk about life or the show as a family.
- Go camping as a family.
- Plan more family activities outdoors.
- Do some community service together while focusing on the ways God has blessed you and has called us to give back to the needy around us.
- Plan and cook meals with your child(ren) at home.
- Go to a museum and create a scavenger hunt for them to complete while they are there.
- Have a picnic at the park.
Do you have any tips of ways to connect with your family during the summer months?