Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Fall of Running

This morning I ran my longest race today by completing my first ever 10K.  I finished just over 48 minutes and unofficially 12th place.  It felt great getting out on a country country style course and just running.  I started a little too quick and then struggled on mile 5, but over all feel good about completing my first 10K race.  Here are a few pictures from the event.
 
This was my first race in a series of many this fall in preparation for the Des Moines 1/2 marathon I signed up for.  I am starting to question that decision, but the registration has been paid so I will show up and try my best.

My racing schedule for the fall (so far):
Saturday, October 6th -- The Color Run in Des Moines
Sunday, October 7th -- The Stinkfoot 5K in Altoona
Saturday, October 13th -- The Zombie Run in Pleasant Hill in Sleepy Hallow (I will be one of the Zombies chasing runners)
Sunday, October 21st -- The Des Moines 1/2 marathon
Saturday, October 27th -- Race for the Cure 5K in Des Moines (William also will be running the kids run)
Saturday, November 3rd -- Salvation Army Red Kettle Run in West Des Moines

I am looking forward to running this fall since it has been so hot this summer to get any runs in.  I am considering taking swimming lessons this winter to be able to prepare for trying to compete in a sprint triathlon this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment