Monday, October 15, 2012

PROBE IT!

We started our third week of our 40 Days in the World small group study through our church.  This week's method is called Probe It!  After two days, this has been my favorite method of mediating on God's word.  The basic premise of this method is that you ask specific questions about the text to interpret and then apply scripture to your life. 

The series of questions you ask yourself after reading a part of scripture are:
  1. Is there a sin to confess?
  2. Is there a promise to claim?
  3. Is there an attitude to change?
  4. Is there a command to obey?
  5. Is there an example to follow?
  6. Is there a prayer to pray?
  7. Is there an error to avoid?
  8. Is there a truth to believe?
  9. Is there something to praise God for?
I have found these series of questions to help me gain a better appreciation and understanding of the text and easily able to apply it into my life to day so far. 

40 Days in the World Updates from days 13-16
  • God works miracles! 
  • I need to avoid seeking worldly riches/praise and follow Jesus.
  • I need to continue to work on being a good leader by serving others and not trying to get credit or power for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment