Sunday, October 7, 2012

Heading into week 2

We have continued out study of God's Word using the 40 Days in the Word Study.  Here are a few of my thoughts from days 4 through 8.

Day 4: Philippians 3:12b - I will continue to strive to take God's Word and the resurrection of Christ a central part of my life.  I will do this by dwelling on what Christ did for me and press forward as his disciple in all areas of my life.

Day 5: Philippians 4:6 - I need to stop letting things get me down that are beyond my control.  I will remember the blessings that God has granted upon me and my family in times that things seem overwhelming.

Day 6: Philippians 4:13 - With God I know I can get through any time of physical or mental pain and discomfort.  When things are going poorly I will focus on God's strength and when things are going well I will give glory to God. 

Day 7: Philippians 4:19 - I need to seek God first!  God has the power to meet my needs, I need to remember to come to him and allow him to work in my life. 

Our second week's focus method is called, "Picture this!".  Using this method we read a portion of scripture then picture ourselves as various characters in the passage.  You ask yourself, "how would I feel, what would I say, what would I do?" 

Day 8: Mark 1:40-45 - I need to continue to reach out to God and ask for his help, he is willing to help us!


I am really excited about the service project that our small group is in the beginning stages of planning as part of living out God's Word.  We plan on working with the Children's Cancer Connection.  Please keep our church in your prayers over the next 32 days as we complete our study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment