Sunday, April 21, 2013

Time to START!

Have you ever had a dream for your future? Have you ever wanted to experience an awesome life? Want to wake up every day looking forward to the work your do? The problem most of us face is that we get stuck in the comfortable place called "average" and don't every get started on the path of "awesome".

In Jon Acuff's latest book, Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average and Do Work that Matters, he lays out five stages that everyone has to get through on their road to awesome. Those stages are; Learning, Editing, Mastering, Harvesting and Guiding. Throughout the book Jon talked about avoiding common excuses we all make, steps to find our true purpose and most importantly how to get started. 

You can download chapter one for free and then purchase the rest.

One of my favorite parts were the practical steps to put into action immediately along each stage of the road to awesome.  I am looking forward to implementing the principals into my daily life.   I loved the book and Jon Acuff's style of writing that is both powerful and humorous.

Disclaimer - I volunteered to be part of a launch team for the book after following Jon Acuff for some time. I received an advanced ebook to reed and write my review but was told what to write or required that a review be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment