Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Keeping Myself Accountable

It is already the end of another month, so I will again keep myself accountable by updating you on my goals.

Financial Wellness 
By the end of 2013, we would like to pay off over 20% of the current outstanding debt on our house.  To do this we will need to continue to work together with our finances  find more opportunities to earn and save more money.  We have also considered looking at selling our house, since we probably have a larger house then we really need. 
UPDATE:  We are still on pace to do this and more.  We updated our financial records and made some progressions and are on pace to be able to be complete debt free by January 2017.l  I believe we will continue to work with gazelle intensity to get out of debt early and continue building a legacy. 
Occupational Wellness 
One of my goals this year is to have portfolios prepared for every one of my students showing their specific progress based on the Humanities IB-MYP Objectives for 6th grade.  In order to do this, I will need to continue to stay organized and make sure to be given specific and meaningful feedback on all major assessments throughout the year. 
UPDATE: I have continued to do this. 
Physical Wellness 
I have many physical wellness goals this year.  One of my goals is to participate in an organized run/race every month of 2013.  Another one of my goals is to complete the entire week of RAGBRAI in July. 
UPDATE: I have not had to have surgery yet.  I hopefully have another appointment tomorrow or at least get some good news to be able to bike even though running and jumping may not be cleared for awhile.
Environmental Wellness 
One of my goals in 2013 is for William to complete the "Leave No Trace" requirements for cub scouts to learn the importance of taking care of our environment. We will work with William to learn to be intentional with doing things outdoors and indoors to help protect our planet. 
UPDATE:   William only has to do a presentation with a poster to his pack to complete the requirements.  He will likely do this at the pack meeting in May.
Intellectual Wellness 
My goal for 2013 is to read at least 100.  As Charlie Jones said, "Five years from today, you will be the same person that you are today, except for the books you read and the people you meet."  I want to read some good books, so that I can be a better person five years from now. 
UPDATE:  I have currently read 34 books in 2013 and am working on several other ones.  I am ahead of the pace needed to meet my goal right now by 2 books. 
Emotional Wellness 
I will continue to blog about my throughs and feelings at least once a week throughout 2013. I will also post additional content on my blog's facebook page 
A friend shared a great idea on facebook that our family has decided to put into action in 2013.  We will be keeping a "Good News Jar" to write notes of all the good things happening this year to open up and read on December 31st, 2013.   
UPDATE:  I have written more notes in the Good News Jar as well as started to create a journal of 1000 Gifts.  You can read more about this on a previous post.

Spiritual Wellness 
After finishing reading the Bible again in 2012, I plan on starting over in 2013.  In addition to reading the Bible, I will be using Tony Dungy's The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge for my personal quiet time in 2013.  Another spiritual wellness goal of mine for 2013 is to begin weekly devotionals as a family at least 5 days a week using Bruce Wilkinson's Family Walk.
UPDATE:  We have started a new marriage small group study called "Staying in Love".  It is a four week study that we are spreading out until mid-June.  So far it looks like a great study. 

No comments:

Post a Comment