Stage 1: Season of Learning:
This is the stage in which we figure out who we are and what we are about. We don't want to just "find our purpose" but we want to live with purpose. During this state we will be experimenting with different passions. We need to remember that it is okay not to be amazing at everything we try the first time. The only thing we can control for sure in our journey is our starting line.
Stage 2: Season of Editing:
During this season we are subtracting things out in order to narrow our focus. We need to ask ourselves many questions like, "If I died today, what would I regret?" When you figure out your answer to that question then check your schedule to see if you are actually spending your time on those things. We work on finding what gives us the most joy and focus on those things.
Stage 3: Season of Mastering:
Now that we have narrowed our focus, we need to gain as much experience as we can so that we can get really good at our passions. Jon gave us three times on how to gain this valuable experience:
- Volunteer somewhere - you pay time to receive experience
- Get a part-time job - figure out if you will love/hate something as an employee before jumping all in.
- Be led - find wise mentors!
- Your Inner Circle - this should be your spouse if you are married. The worst place to put your spouse is on the opposite side of your dreams.
- Your Outer Circle - You will need to get support and feedback from friends and family too.
a Rafflecopter giveaway