Dave laid out a few ground rules for getting big bargains including that you don't lie, you don't intend to hurt the other party and you try to create a "win-win" agreement. He continually stressed the importance of having integrity. "You cannot have healthy relationships and build wealth with lies as your foundation," he said. I love that this class on finances is build on a strong foundation of Christian values.
When it comes to making good deals, Dave's lucky seven basic rules of negotiating (which were covered in the Buyer Beware lesson too) are:
1. Always tell the absolute truth.Altoona/Pleasant Hill facebook group.
2. Use the power of cash because it is emotional, visual and has immediacy.
3. Understand and use "walk away power."
4. Shut up! (Take the time to listen and wait.)
5. Remember to use the phrase, "That's not good enough."
6. Watch out for the good guy, bad guy techniques some retailers will use.
7. Use the "If I" take away technique. (Stating, "If I do this, you need to do ______ for me.)