- Be involved in your child's education either by volunteering, visiting for lunch, etc.
- Cook a special breakfast for your child before school.
- Share your funniest memory from school.
- Make sure all school events end up on your calendar (activities, conferences, etc.)
- Pray for your child's success in school.
- Help your child with homework or in reviewing for tests at home.
- Keep lines of communication open with your child's teachers.
- Make sure to set time aside after school to play with your kids.
- Spend some time to read together each night.
- Write a note to go in your child's lunchbox or backpack.
- Talk with your child on the way to school or let them pick the music.
- Host your child and a few of their friends for a fun activity.
- Remember to tell your child that you love them.
Sunday, August 4, 2013
Back to School Tips
As we prepare to get ready for a new school year, I wanted to share some ideas of how to strengthen your relationship with your kids.
What are ways that you will make sure to continue to help your relationship thrive when the school year begins in a couple weeks?