Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Recommitting to Fitness

I have recommitted to myself and my family to refocus on my personal health and fitness again.  My new physical wellness goal is to get back to my pre-broken foot weight by the end of the year, which at this point would mean losing another 41 pounds.  In order to do this I have broken my goal into more manageable monthly goals.  This month I need to lose at least 6 more pounds to stay on track.  How am I going to do this?  As I mentioned on Sunday, I am participating in the START Experiment and have committed to working out 6 times a week and watching what I am eating each day. 

One of our assignments for the experiment was not only to create a "risk" but to create actionable steps on how we are going to START! Here are a few of mine:
  • I have created a weekly schedule for my workouts each day and posted it on my refrigerator.  This guarantees I will see it to be reminded. It is also intentionally in a public place so my wife can ask me about it and help keep me accountable.  I mixed up the workouts in order to focuses on my whole body and keep working out fun for me.  I have included kickboxing, running, cycling, some core workouts, etc.
  • I am tracking everything I put in my body again using My Fitness Pal so that I can make sure that I am eating enough calories but not also staying on track to be able to lose some weight. 
  • I am sharing my progress on social media through the START Experiment group and my personal facebook and twitter accounts.
It is important that if you are going to set goals that you also create action steps so that they can become a reality.  What actions do you need to take today to accomplish your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment