Thursday, August 1, 2013

Goal Update After A Crazy Month

We made it through July.  It was a crazy time with NEA RA, a family vacation, RAGBRAI, a training in DC and then ISEA Summer Conference.  It is now over and I can see a few days in my future that I may get to relax, spend time with friends and family and prepare for the upcoming school year.  I did make some progress toward some of my goals in July so I want to update you where I am.

Financial Wellness 
By the end of 2013, we would like to pay off over 20% of the current outstanding debt on our house.  To do this Anna and I will continue to work together with our finances  find more opportunities to earn and save more money.  We have also considered looking at selling our house, since we probably have a larger house then we really need. 

UPDATE:  Anna and I are still on pace to surpass this goal in 2013.  We have knocked another month off our debt free date and are now on pace to be debt free no later than June 1st, 2016!  Which means we will be debt free in 1035 or less days.  I am looking forward to seeing that date be less than 1000 soon! 
Physical Wellness 
By the end of 2013 I would like to be back at my pre-broken foot weight. 
UPDATE: As of today I am 46 pounds away from this goal.  In order to meet this goal I will need to lose at least 9.2 pounds each month this year.  Since the first month will likely be the easiest my goal is to be no more than 35 pounds away from this goal by the end of August. 
Intellectual Wellness 
My goal for 2013 is to read at least 100.  As Charlie Jones said, "Five years from today, you will be the same person that you are today, except for the books you read and the people you meet."  I want to read some good books, so that I can be a better person five years from now. 
UPDATE:  I have currently read 57 books in 2013 and am working on several other ones.  Even though I read a lot while on vacation I didn't get much reading accomplished during my meetings, trainings or RAGBRAI.  I am currently one book behind pace to make my goal and will need to do a lot of reading these next few weeks before school begins to have a chance to meet this goal. 
Emotional Wellness 
I will continue to blog about my throughs and feelings at least once a week throughout 2013. I will also post additional content on my blog's facebook page 
A friend shared a great idea on facebook that our family has decided to put into action in 2013.  We will be keeping a "Good News Jar" to write notes of all the good things happening this year to open up and read on December 31st, 2013.   
UPDATE:  Now that I have taken the month of July off my blog I will be back at it starting now!
Spiritual Wellness 
After finishing reading the Bible again in 2012, I plan on starting over in 2013.  In addition to reading the Bible, I will be using Tony Dungy's The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge for my personal quiet time in 2013.  Another spiritual wellness goal of mine for 2013 is to begin weekly devotionals as a family at least 5 days a week using Bruce Wilkinson's Family Walk.
UPDATE:  I have continued with my personal devotional time it has been harder to schedule the family ones while traveling so much in July.  We will be working to recommit to those this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment