Friday, July 6, 2012

Heading Home

I get to head back home today after 12 days in DC.  We worked hard representing our members and making some hard decisions.  The major accomplishments of this year's RA in my opinion were finding places to cut the NEA budget, taking strong stances opposing the increased use of standardized test to measure student learning and teacher effectiveness and standing strong against bullying in our schools. 

Yesterday I officially became one of the Central Region Directors for NCUEA.  I was also reelected to the NEA Resolutions committee by the Iowa delegation.  I am looking forward to serving our members and students in these roles. 

I am looking forward to seeing William and taking some time to relax before starting to get to work in Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment