Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Time for Reflection

I am sorry for the lack of posting this week.  My grandmother and Tom Wolfe, a friend of mine from teacher union activities, both passed away last week and I have been in Cedar Rapids spending time with my family.  I am going to miss both very much and have taken this time to be thankful for the time I was able to spend with each and am taking advantage of spending time with my family before school starts up again next week.

William started 1st grade today and I was planning on having a whole post about how proud I am of him with some pictures, but I missed the event.  I was able to talk to him on the phone and he had a great day and enjoyed seeing some old friends and meeting the new kindergarteners in his class.

I will be heading back home on Friday with my mom, my brother and his wife to meet up with Anna and William and go to the state fair and then finish getting ready for the school year to begin.  I will try post an update this weekend based on how I did with my summer goals I made.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Josh - you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers over the last week. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying time with family and will have a nice weekend with Anna William before the two of you start back up. It's so hard when we have to miss important things as parents too, so I'm glad to hear that William had a great day and was able to share that with you on the phone. Take care! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shelene for your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate your friendship!

    ReplyDelete