- Provide unconditional love.
- Be the best role model you can be.
- Make time to be together. (Put aside the newspaper, log off the computer, put away the cell phone and enjoy an activity together.)
- Admit your mistakes.
- Keep your promises.
- Think positively.
- Have patience. Let your children finish explanations. Don't interrupt or jump to conclusions.
- Try to schedule dinner and other meals together whenever possible.
- Do everyday thinks together.
- Read with your children every day.
- Make daily exercise part of your child(ren)'s routine. Join them whenever possible.
- Set an example by keeping your cool and handling anger in the best way possible.
- Take good physical and emotional care of yourself so you can "be there" for your child(ren).
- Give simple and honest answers to your child(ren)'s questions.
- Remember that children are precious and parenting is a privilege.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Ways to be a Great Parent!
Iowa Family Resource Network about being a great parent. It laid out 101 different ways and I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you, modify a few and possibly add some of my own.