Saturday, December 1, 2012

Making a Difference

This week I have been working as part of the National Council of Urban Education Associations (NCUEA) Executive Board to put on our fall conference to train local urban leaders using the theme "Local Organizing...Engaging and Energizing Members for Action."  It has been a great week so far and am humbled by the expertise of all the leaders and educators I am working with this week.  There are hundreds of passionate leaders in education here wanting the same thing - to make a difference in the lives of our current and future students.

I have been able to attend a variety of training sessions and talk to guest speakers/presenters from across the country and will be able to use the valuable information I am gaining to help strengthen out local association and to help me in my state and national roles within the association as well.

NCUEA is an organization that empowers it's members by building relationships among local urban leaders form across the country and helps us make connections to partner organizations that want to work with us.  NCUEA helps grow leaders and make them more effective.  I am looking forward to continuing my work with NCUEA and striving to make a difference for my son, William, and all other students in public schools across our country.

Don't forget to go to my blog post reviewing Living Beyond Rich to enter to win a free copy of the book.  I know have facebook page for this blog and I would love for you to like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment