Monday, December 3, 2012

Never Forget

On Thursday this week Marion Blumenthal Lazan, a holocaust survivor, will be visiting my school.  It is a great opportunity for all students (and staff) to hear from someone who lived through one of the horrific events in our world's history.  It is important that we continue to take advantage of these opportunities so we do not forget the wrongs of mankind in the past and realize the power that people have.  I hope that students will appreciate that they are the last generation of people who will be able to hear firsthand from a survivor of the holocaust and gain a respect for others that may be different from them.

You can read an article about Marion Blumenthal Lazan here.  She has written a book, Four Perfect Pebbles, about her experiences.

We can never forget this terrible event from history and must learn from the sins of ourselves and others.  A goal/standard I am trying to hold myself to is to keep working on improving.  In order to do this I need to reflect on my sins and the mistakes of others to learn from them and make myself better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment