Thursday, December 20, 2012

Reflecting on 2012 Goals

In central Iowa today we have had a significant snow storm that has canceled schools and lots of businesses and therefore has given me an opportunity to reflect on my goals for 2012.  I listed out some of my goals for the last part of 2012 in a previous blog entry.  You can check it out here.

I am pleased to share that I was able to meet my social wellness goal by participating in various acts of service both at school, at church and with my family.  

We have started our second round of teaching FPU this month and I am look forward to future classes through the beginning of February of 2013.  

I also met my occupational, physical, intellectual, and emotional goals.  The toughest by far was the 21 day challenge to be complaint free.  I have sense fallen again but am a lot more intentional about my words and think I have become a much more positive person as a result in all areas of my life. 

I have not done very weel at meeting my environmental wellness goal.  I have continued to keep my computer on at night for efficiency of time management though I am not sure how much this has actually helped me.  I will need to look at this area to make a realistic goal for 2013. 

I have continued my daily reading of the Bible, but have not finished it yet.  I am on track to still complete my reading by the end of 2012 though.  My quiet time, while not daily, has been a more regular occurrence in December, I have a couple of daily devotionals I plan on beginning soon.

In a later post I hope to create some goals for 2013.  By making goals and writing them down I hope to be more intentional about the direction I want my life to go in.  By posting them on my blog I make them public to keep myself accountable not only to myself and God, but to you too.   What are some goals that you have for yourself in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment