Wednesday, September 18, 2013

3 Day Juice Fast

After spending the last several weeks trying eat better and be more active as I strive to live a healthier life I heard about a 3 day juice fast cleanse on a podcast I was listening to.  Here is a website that has lots of different options on "rebooting with juice".  I found lots of websites talking about different juice fasts/diets, but most of them are very similar.

I have decided for the next three days to try a juice fast/detox and report back the results both physically, emotionally, etc.   I have decided to commit to the following principles during my juice fast based on the different sites I read:

  • I will not eat any solid foods for three days.  I will only drink vegetable/fruit juices, water or herbal teas. 
  • I will drink at least 16 ounces of water between every juice. 
  • I will drink 4-6 juice servings each day.
  • My exercise will loose intensity but still exist during the fast.  Will focus on yoga, walking, or other light exercise. 
  • Try to get extra sleep. 
  • After I finish my 3 day fast will continue to add more fruits and vegetables into my diet. 
I hope to feel better after going through this cleanse and be able to reboot my health and fitness routine by creating a greater focus on the food I put into my body after I complete my fast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment