Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Goal Update

September 1st marks another month ending and therefore an update on my 2013 goals.

Financial Wellness 
By the end of 2013, we would like to pay off over 20% of the current outstanding debt on our house.  To do this Anna and I will continue to work together with our finances find more opportunities to earn and save more money.  We have also considered looking at selling our house, since we probably have a larger house then we really need. 
UPDATE:  Anna and I won a debt scholarship by participating in forums, completing survey's and writing a "debt essay".   This scholarship coupled with our budgeting helped us get 2 months closer to debt freedom.  We are set to become debt free no later than March 1, 2016, which is only 911 days away!  We have already met our goal of paying off over 20% of our outstanding debt so we will continue on paying as much off as much as possible this year.
Physical Wellness 
By the end of 2013 I would like to be back at my pre-broken foot weight. 
UPDATE: I was able to meet my short term goal that I set for August in order to stay on track to meet my ultimate goal.   In order to meet this goal, I will need to lose at least 8 pounds by the end of September.  
Intellectual Wellness 
My goal for 2013 is to read at least 100.  As Charlie Jones said, "Five years from today, you will be the same person that you are today, except for the books you read and the people you meet."  I want to read some good books, so that I can be a better person five years from now. 
UPDATE:  I have currently read 69 books in 2013 and as always working on several other ones.  I read a lots of books in August and have finally got ahead of pace again.  In September, my goal is to continue to stay ahead of pace. 
Emotional Wellness 
I will continue to blog about my throughs and feelings at least once a week throughout 2013. I will also post additional content on my blog's facebook page 
A friend shared a great idea on facebook that our family has decided to put into action in 2013.  We will be keeping a "Good News Jar" to write notes of all the good things happening this year to open up and read on December 31st, 2013.   
UPDATE:  I have written at least 2 post every week in the month of August.  I also have been able to get more predictable by posting on Wednesdays and Sundays. Our family has not done a good job and being consistent with the good news jar.  I will see if I can help lead us to do better this month.  If our family chooses to drop the goal, then I will report that at the end of the month. 
Spiritual Wellness 
After finishing reading the Bible again in 2012, I plan on starting over in 2013.  In addition to reading the Bible, I will be using Tony Dungy's The One Year Uncommon Life Daily Challenge for my personal quiet time in 2013.  Another spiritual wellness goal of mine for 2013 is to begin weekly devotionals as a family at least 5 days a week.
UPDATE:  I have got back on track with my personal devotional time, but need to do a better job of being a spiritual leader at home with family devotional time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment