Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bucket List to Life List

I recently was directed toward the Beyond the To Do List podcast and have spent some time listening to the past episodes.  One of the episodes that made an impact on me was when Erik Fisher interviewed Alli Worthington.  During the interview she talked about how she has a life list.  I found the the conversation very interesting and made me think about my bucket list.  Sometime bucket lists are seen are finite (for example 100 things before I die) and when you put an item on the list it stays on it until you complete it.  While a life list maybe is seen as more fluid - as your passions and interests change so can the items on your list.

Even though I said I would share some of the things that still remained on my bucket list on an earlier blogpost, I have decided to update my list and turn it into a life list.  Here are a few of the things that are on my list:

  • Go on a mission trip with William
  • Take William to lots of different events
    • a Cubs game in Wrigley Field
    • to a NFL game
    • to Washington, D.C.
    • to a Broadway Play
    • to a major concert
    • to a NBA game
  • To watch William graduate from high school and college
  • To meet my grandchild(ren)
  • Be silent for an entire day
  • Do a lot of traveling
    • Visit the Holy Land
    • Go on a Cruise
    • Go to Hawaii
    • Go to Africa
    • Go to Asia
    • Go to South America
    • Go to Australia 
    • Go to England
    • Go to Niagara Falls
    • Go to the Grand Canyon 
    • Go to Ireland
  • Attend/Do Specific things
    • Watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve in New York City
    • Go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade
    • Be in DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival
    • Go ice skating in Rockefeller Plaza
    • Sleep overnight on a train
    • Attend a Supreme Court hearing
    • Go to a professional championship game
    • Go to an Iowa bowl game
    • Go to the Olympics
    • Sky-Dive
    • Hot-Air Balloon Ride
    • Complete a marathon
    • Complete a triathlon
    • Complete the entire week of RAGBRAI
    • Be debt free (including mortgage) and go to Dave Ramsey's studio in Nashville
  • Have a commitment free summer
Sorry the list ended up so long, I kept adding things as I was typing.  I think by posting your life list in a public place you may connect with people who want to do similar things you do and have an accountability partner to make sure you take action when an opportunity arises. What are some things on your life list?  

No comments:

Post a Comment