Sunday, November 18, 2012

Looking in the Mirror

I have recently read three books by Patrick Morley (The Man in the Mirror, The Seven Seasons of the Man in the Mirror and The Dad in the Mirror).  All were long books but hit on some great points that I would like to share with my readers this week.  I plan to write at least three blog post based on some things I found interesting from the three books.

One of my favorite take aways from the books was when Patrick Morley talked about how the Bible reinforces the priorities I should have as a man of God.  Here is a list of those priorities along with a Bible reference.

I need to...
  1. put God first. (Matthew 6:33)
  2. maintain my first love, Jesus Christ. (Revelations 2:4)
  3. be constantly seeking to be at the center of the will of God. (Philippians 2:13, Romans 12:2)
  4. be the husband, father and provider that God intended me to be. (1 Timothy 5:8)
  5. be a faithful, diligent and honest employee. (Colossians 3:23-25)
  6. be financially responsible. (Luke 16:10-12)

Along with these priorities for men of God, Patrick Morley talked about what makes a real man.  He says that a real man is a man of:

  1. Courage
  2. Wisdom
  3. Commitments 
    • Build the Kingdom (Matthew 28:18-20)
    • Tend the Culture (Genesis 1:28)
    • Love other People (John 13:34-35)
    • Love the King (Matthew 22:37-38) 
  4. Balance
The next few days I will be posting blogs about leaving the world better than you found it and tips for teaching children practical and moral truths. Please make sure you are praying for your children! 

No comments:

Post a Comment