Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Our Legacies

This is my second of three post from my favorite insights I came away with after reading Patrick Morley's books (The Man in the MirrorThe Seven Seasons of the Man in the Mirror and The Dad in the Mirror).  Patrick challenges each of us to leave the world better than we found it.  He shared something in his books that I thought really helped bring the point home.  



  • The world's a better place because Michelangelo did not say, "I don't do ceilings."
  • The world's a better place because a German monk - Martin Luther didn’t say, "I don't do doors."
  • The world's a better place because Moses didn't say, "I don't do Pharaohs or mass migrations."
  • The world's a better place because Noah didn't say, "I don't do arks and animals.
  • The world's a better place because David didn't say, "I don't do giants."
  • The world's a better place because Jeremiah didn't say, "I don't do weeping."
  • The world's a better place because Peter didn't say, "I don't do Gentiles."
  • The world's a better place because Mary didn't say, "I don't do virgin births."
  • The world's a better place because Paul didn't say, "I don't do letters"
  • The world's a better place because Jesus didn't say "I don't do crosses."
You have a choice to make make.  Will you say "I don't do..." or will you choose to help make the world better and step up to the challenge?  Each of us has the power to change the world around us. The world will be a better place only if you and I don't say, "I don't do..." What will your legacy be?  

No comments:

Post a Comment